sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Request for SKS gossip peers

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Request for SKS gossip peers
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 00:56:42 -0500

Andreas Thulin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for good advice, I'll get back on getting a dump immediately. Trouble
> is I tried and failed a couple of times with building the DB, and the sks
> binary doesn't really give any useful feedback on what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Would you say an e-mail to the sks devel sendlist explaining my predicament
> could be one way of getting further in the process?

Most certainly. Most useful data would be:

    Amount of RAM, CPU architecture sometimes matters, CPU speed doesn't.

    OS/Distro and version.

    Versions of SKS and Berkeley DB.

    Was it a fastbuild or a build?

    Did it die immediately or some time later?

Just by way of a quick check, the most common issue that I have seen is that
the SKS process is run as a specific user, eg, debian_sks, and that user does
not own the directory where the databases are being created, eg, /var/lib/sks.

> Best regards,
> Andreas

Good Luck,
John
--

John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net