sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] The Arch User Repository version of SKS has supposedly b

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] The Arch User Repository version of SKS has supposedly been updated
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:39:11 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> If switching between DB versions, this should be fine by following the
UPGRADING instructions in the source/wiki.

You need to make sure your Berkeley DB install also has the utility programs
available, specifically db_recover and db_checkpoint.  I recall a friend
having trouble with the utilities not being available. That's REALLY the only
potential snag and it's a nonissue if the DB version stays the same.

> Also note the when upgrading section in the announce email regarding
pagesize default settings having been changed for 1.1.4 to avoid a rebuild.

If pagesize and ptree_pagesize were not already set in sksconf, they need to
be added specifying the old default page sizes

> As long as these two points are taken into consideration, an upgrade
> should not cause any issues.

Well, it's still progress :-)

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"