sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Request: Install an efficient robots.txt file

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Request: Install an efficient robots.txt file
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:26:25 -0400

> how can you assume that it was me who uploaded a key with my name on it?

Nobody is.  But if you create a public key, then by definition you're
comfortable with it being shared with the public.

If you don't want your public key shared with the public, don't use
asymmetric crypto.

If you didn't generate this key, then please accept my condolences on
some low-life jerk creating a key in your name with your email address
on it and uploading it to the keyservers.  Those people are jerks.
Unfortunately, we have no good way to stop them.