spamass-milt-list

Re: whitelisting recipients

From: Derek J. Balling
Subject: Re: whitelisting recipients
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:09:22 -0400

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 12:57 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Jun 03), Derek J. Balling said:
On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 10:15 AM, Dan Nelson wrote:
I add "whitelist_to address@hidden" lines to spamassassin's local.cf for
people like this.

Does this work when you get something like:

From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>

and <address@hidden> is a member of address@hidden

Depends on the rest of the headers in that message.  According to the
faq at http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=all#4.11 ,
spamassassin cannot directly access the envelope headers (even through
our milter can see them).

Why couldn't we add another option: in our (spamass-milt) config, allow for whitelisting based on the RCPT argument and/or the MAIL argument? (e.g., if it matches that criteria, don't even hand it off to spamassassin, or alternatively, override the "block at this many points" criteria)