spamass-milt-list

Re: spamass-milter causes spamassassin to not clean up after itself?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: spamass-milter causes spamassassin to not clean up after itself?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:13:20 -0800

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Tony Shadwick wrote:
> The short answer is that "all users of the Mail::SpamAssassin classes
> should always call $mail->finish() on every mail object, otherwise
> it'll leak memory, leave temporary files around, etc."
>
> It seems common practice that milters and the like have in the past
> called $status->finish() but not $mail->finish().  I in fact made
> that same error in my own home-grown milter here.  It's a
> copy-and-paste-ism.
>
> We need to make sure that this happens in spamass-milter as well. :)

spamass-milter calls spamc, it doesn't use Mail::SpamAssassin
directly. So if there's a problem, it's a bug in spamc or
Spamassassin, not spamass-milter.

Don Armstrong

--
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are
 -- Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953