spamass-milt-list

Re: Network Tests don't fire with Milter

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Network Tests don't fire with Milter
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:19:29 -0800

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Steve wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 10:19 -0600, Shadwick, Tony wrote:
> > I'm running postfix on debian and Ubuntu server.  In
> > /etc/default/spamass-milter I have this:
> >
> > OPTIONS="-d rcpt -e my.domain.here -r 4.4 -m -u address@hidden -i 127.0.0.1
> > -i my.ignored.ip.range"
> >
> > The network tests run just fine, rejects on a score of 4.4.  It logs all
> > recipient processing.
> >
> > What does yours look like?
> >
> > Tony Shadwick
> >

> Hi Tony + list,
>
> I have:
> /etc/default/spamass-milter
> # spamass-milt startup defaults
>
> # Default, use the spamass-milter user as the default user, ignore
> # messages from localhost
> OPTIONS="-u spamass-milter -i 127.0.0.1"
>
> # Reject emails with spamassassin scores > 15.
> OPTIONS="-r 15"

You want

Options="-u spamass-milter -i 127.0.0.1 -r 15"

> ***BUT***
> My start/stop init.d call looks like this
> {DAEMON=/usr/local/sbin/spamass-milter):
>
> start-stop-daemon --start -b --exec $DAEMON --oknodo --user spamass-milter --
> -r 35 -p $SOCKET
>
> My guess is this over-rides the /etc/default options as setting it
> to -r 35 here is honoured. I'm sure it has something to do with
> this: --oknodo, but I can't find the English translation for
> '--oknodo' :-)

This looks like someone has started with the Debian init.d script that
I wrote, and screwed it up. You'll have to show us the full init.d
script. [And you don't want --oknodo; it's an error if you asked to
start the daemon, and it wasn't able to start.]

Don Armstrong

--
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its
freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it