straw-devel

[Straw-devel] Scrolling bug (was: yay, merged)

From: Jonathon Jongsma
Subject: [Straw-devel] Scrolling bug (was: yay, merged)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:11:20 -0500

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 11:39, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 17:27 +0300, Juri Pakaste wrote:

> > > dude, can't seem to duplicate this. Have you tried it after you merged
> > > my changes? I've fixed the scrolling bug in the "headlines view", so it
> > > always scroll in the first article everytime the feed changes.
> >
> > Yeah, still happens, all the time. Weird if it doesn't happen to you. I
> > just had a thought that could it be theme-related or something like
> > that; but the theme I use is industrial, and smooth before that, both
> > pretty standard, and it happened on both of them. Then I thought it
> > might be because I use sendary forward/backward steppers in my
> > scrollbars, even thought that would be very weird. But it wasn't it
> > either.
>
> Re: our conversation on irc about theme engines: switching from
> Industrial to Mist doesn't seem to help. I didn't have to read far to
> get it happening. If I squeeze the article view to be small enough that
> most articles exceed its length, it happens pretty much all the time, on
> nearly every article.

I get this all the time too.  It seems to only happen for me if the
article pane is the one that has the focus.  and it only does this if
the first hyperlink is not within the first pagelength.  It seems to
want to put the focus on the first hyperlink and so it scrolls down
until it finds the first one.  Maybe a gtkhtml thing?

Perhaps I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
--
jonathon jongsma