Re: [Xlog-discussion] XLog - some impressions and feature requests

From: Luc Langehegermann
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] XLog - some impressions and feature requests
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:16:31 +0100

On Monday 02 December 2002 17:07, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Good :)
> I suppose you are running version 0.7 ? Recent beta versions (0.8beta3 is
> the latest) are available at http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba

Well, I already run the 0.8beta3.

> > But a few remarks concerning satellite operations.
> >
> > Only one frequency field. I helped myself by defining bands like
> > '435/2401', not perfect, but can live with it at the moment. It would
> > also be nice to add an Satellite field. Ok I can use the custom fields,
> > but that gives me another problem.
>
> We might be able to solve this by adding a second frequency field, which
> can be enabled/disabled through the log-editor. Hamlib should be able to
> read frequencies from VFOA/VFOB, if I am correct. However, the dupe
> checking feature relies on a single frequency entry, so dupe checking won't
> work..... Can anyone think of a solution? The simplest solution could be to
> display some kind of warning I guess.

Well... the transceiver here is controlled completly by my ktrack program
(which uses hamlib). I want to propagate the mode, uplink, downlink and
satellite from ktrack to xlog.

> > I also took look at the remote capabilities. Fine, a question: How to I
> > send to the custom fields (ie one for Fequency2, and one for the
> > Satellite) Currently K-Track provides an DCOP (kde only) interface, but
> > would be quite easy to send these fields to xlog.
>
> I have never added the free fields for remote logging, but I should be able
> to code this for 0.8beta4, just give me some time....
> I will announce the next beta on the mailing list.
>
> > Another feature I am missing is, filling the fields (ie Name, QTH, ....)
> > if you enter a callsign you already had logged. This will be very
> > important if we want to interface xlog with kpsk. Our policy with kpsk
> > is, don't remove any feature, and the kpsk log does provide this. But we
> > want to drop the log, as kpsk is an Terminal program, not an log...
>
> Have a look at 0.8beta3 and select 'Tools->Worked B4' from the menu.
> Is this what you were thinking of?

Well... partly yes. I would also like to fill the fields in the new QSO Frame.
Ie fill in the name, qth, ... from the previous qso. That will also be
important for an interfacing with kpsk. It would also be nice to be able to
define which fields will be shown in the worked B4 window.

BTW, thank you for making KGTSLog obsolete :-)

73, Luc