[Xlog-discussion] Re: XLog - some impressions and feature requests (plus

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: XLog - some impressions and feature requests (plus release goals)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:03:51 +0100

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:16:31 +0100
Luc Langehegermann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well... the transceiver here is controlled completly by my ktrack program
> (which uses hamlib). I want to propagate the mode, uplink, downlink and
> satellite from ktrack to xlog.

With mode you probably mean satellite mode? You could use one of the
free fields for this. Uplink and downlink would be the first and
second frequency field (VFOA and VFOB (to be implemented)).

> > Have a look at 0.8beta3 and select 'Tools->Worked B4' from the menu.
> > Is this what you were thinking of?
>
> Well... partly yes. I would also like to fill the fields in the new QSO
> Frame.
> Ie fill in the name, qth, ... from the previous qso. That will also be

I see, you need something like 'type ahead find' to fill in the fields
in the QSO frame. I will have a look at the kpsk source to see what you mean.

> important for an interfacing with kpsk. It would also be nice to be able to
> define which fields will be shown in the worked B4 window.

Okay, that's do-able.

> BTW, thank you for making KGTSLog obsolete :-)
>
> 73, Luc

So, goals for 0.8beta4 will be:

- Second frequency field, enabled/disabled from the log-editor.
- Remote logging should work with the free fields
- Type ahead find
- Define fields in the 'Worked B4' dialog

To be complete, the TODO list for version 0.8 also has:

* Save log when clicking add/update/delete (optional).
* Selecting a QSO in the 'Worked B4' dialog should highlight a QSO in the log.
* Printing with fork().

Anything else for version 0.8 ?

After version 0.8 I will start porting to GTK+ version 2, which is
a lot of work. So version 0.9 will be released probably somewhere
next year.......

Regards,
Joop