Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9 released
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:03:04 -0600

* Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden> [2003 Nov 09 16:50 -0600]:
> It's finally there!
>
> http://people.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog.html

Looks good!

One thing I noticed and forgot to mention is that as I move through each
QSO in the log I get "Minutes Out of Range (0 to 59)" on the left hand
end of the status bar.  I'm not sure where that is coming from.  I've
entered my time values as four digits, i.e. 0333.

I'd like to throw this out for thought--what are the future plans for
Xlog.  I know an app usually starts out as something one does to fulfill
one's own need and then others get into the act!  I am thinking of how
things like log sorting might best be handled in the future.

I'm wondering if using something like Berkley DB for saving the QSO data
would be of any benefit.  I know that one of my previous mails prompted
the reply that Xlog is intended to be file compatible with twlog, which
is fine.  I'm just wondering a bit on future possibilities, thinking
along the lines of being able to display only QSOs with QSLs received or
sent, by call, date, etc.

Sometime back I toyed with the idea of using MySQL as the backend for
saving the QSO data, but found that to be rather heavy as I'm no
database designer!

Thanks for the good work, Joop.

73, de Nate >>

 Internet | address@hidden               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org