Re: [Xlog-discussion] Appology

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Appology
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:27:14 -0700

On Apr 16, 2006, at 2:36 AM, Tomi Manninen wrote:

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 00:30 -0400, Ben Coleman wrote:

3. This thread gave me a few more tips about building rpms (I hadn't realized
that 'make rpm' was available).

Make rpm is of course only available if the maintainer of a software
package has implemented that. I'm not sure where I stole the idea from,
but gmfsk has it. So does xlog and I think at least hamlib and dream.
Anyway, it's not a standard feature as such.

--
Tomi Manninen / OH2BNS / KP20JF74

Nonetheless, it is a nice feature which should be encouraged (as is having debian/rules in the tarball for building a .deb)--much nicer than using checkinstall.

73,
Bob Nielsen, N7XY