Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Running out of time...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Running out of time...
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:18:47 +0200

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <address@hidden> writes:

> DK> Taking a look at the XEmacs in Ubuntu, I see that xemacs-packages is
> DK> _before_ site-packages in the search order.
>
> DK> What idiocy is that?  This is completely insane.  Whoever at
> DK> Debian is responsible for that ought to be shot.  XEmacs in
> DK> Fedora does not have this sick, sick load order.  Seems to be a
> DK> Debian special.
>
> I don't know a thing about XEmacs in Debian (I don't use it).
> However, if you think you found a bug, you might want to report it
> in the BTS (http://bugs.debian.org): chances are it could even get
> fixed. :-)

Well, Ralph went to the pain of tracking down a related bug report and
adding to it (thanks for that, by the way!).  And using language fit
for decent company, to boot, which is something that I am rather bad
at.  That other report was from 2002.  Ugh.  Maybe the additional
report will help getting the attention back to the problem for long
enough to fix it.