Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Running out of time...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Running out of time...
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:41:40 +0200

The mailing lists still are slow as molasses, so I'll follow up
without waiting for my previous answer to appear.

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>>> (1) (warning/warning) Autoload error in:
>>> /usr/share/xemacs21/site-packages/lisp/auctex/auto-autoloads:
>>>     Symbol's value as variable is void: TeX-fold-keymap
>>
>> Hmpf.  What are we doing with that?  Doc string formatting or what?
>> If that is the case, maybe one has to do a doc-string-less automode
>> cookie, like I did with the toolbarx-install or so.
>
> I don't see how this is related to the doc string.
> auto-autoloads.el contains the whole `define-minor-mode' call which
> chokes on the variable used for the keymap.  I don't know if this is
> a common problem on XEmacs but grepping through the xemacs-packages
> directory on my system I found three spots where including the
> `define-minor-mode' call is inhibited.  Here is one:
>
> ,----[ diff-mode.el.gz ]
> | ;; XEmacs hack: autoload a dummy autoload instead of a minor mode
> | ;;;###autoload(autoload 'diff-minor-mode "diff-mode" nil t)
> | (define-minor-mode diff-minor-mode
> `----

I'll change the autoloads accordingly now to get this off the release
problem list.  I'd still very much appreciate if you filed a
respective report with the three spots you found to xemacs-beta, as I
would prefer not to have this solution be semi-permanent.

I currently have an excellent net connection in Berlin through an open
WLAN.  Unfortunately I am unable to figure out a mailing address for
offering my "provider" a beer in return.