Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:02:36 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-06-11) writes:

> So how about keeping those files separate in the source tree, but
> pasting them together in the respective binary package installations?
> Should we be pasting them together at all, or rather keep them
> separate also in the trees where we install them?  I'd almost lean
> towards the latter solution.

I'd like to avoid separate *.preview files completely.  That means the
files should contain information for both AUCTeX and preview-latex in
the source distribution and in binary distributions containing
preview-latex.  In binary distributions lacking preview-latex the
respective information should be omitted from those files.  This way
we will be able to avoid clutter in the respective directories and
will be safe if some package systems or some such can only handle
README, INSTALL, etc. but not additional README.preview etc.  (I am
not sure if something like this can be a problem, but who knows ...)