Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:03:24 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-06-11) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I'd like to avoid separate *.preview files completely.  That means the
>>> files should contain information for both AUCTeX and preview-latex in
>>> the source distribution and in binary distributions containing
>>> preview-latex.  In binary distributions lacking preview-latex the
>>> respective information should be omitted from those files.
>>
>> So what do you suggest?  Do an sed job when creating the binary
>> distributions, cutting out the preview-latex parts at installation
>> time?
>
> How do you create binary distributions?  With the `tar-ball' target?
> In that case we could pass a switch to the autogen.sh script which
> inhibits the inclusion of the preview-latex-related documentation.

No.  Prospective binary targets would be an XEmacs package (built
outside of any XEmacs tree) including the docs, and/or a binary RPM
file or a Debian package or whatever.

Hmmm.  Come to think of it, in all of those cases I am not interested
in actually providing a no-preview package from the AUCTeX ftp server.

Perhaps we should let this be the worry of whoever wants to build
something without preview.