Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problems with xemacs 21.5.28

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problems with xemacs 21.5.28
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:17:35 +0900

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez writes:

 > >> 1) Syntax hilighting is broken. When I open a tex document, I get the
 > >> following error message in the status bar:
 > >>
 > >> itimer "lazy shot for foo.tex" signaled: (wrong-type-argument
 > >> number-char-or-marker-p nil)

I think itimers are broken in XEmacs HEAD, it's on my list of
things to look at.  There was a change a while back to handle delays
"near zero" more correctly; that would be the first place I would
look.

Lazy shot is a just-in-time fontlock accelerator, whose author is
currently not available AFAIK.  It is not necessary to get
fontlocking.  You may get substantially better results by using
fastlock or lazy-lock instead.

 > as soon as I select "Lazy Shot" in the "Syntax Highlighting" menu
 > (since otherwise the document is not fontified)

I don't understand.  Do you mean that because of the timer problem
lazy-shot never does any locking (at least, does that seem consistent
with the problem you're seeing)?