Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:43:18 +0100

   >> I don't understand. On the auctex webpage you even provide the latest
   >> auctex version as a xemacs pkg.

   > What is there not to understand?  XEmacs has for a very long time not
   > provided up to date AUCTeX packages.  So it has been up to us.

I know, and I found it always *very generous* from your side to do so.
What I meant I don't understand was the fact that Ralf said he does
not have a current AUCTEX installation for Xemacs available, well he
does it is on your webpage thanks to your own effort.

   >> -  try to get the thing to work under Xemacs. Unfortunately I can
   >> only volunteer to test but not to hack.

   > Who of the basically Emacs-centric developers should try to get
   > an experimental toolbar to work under XEmacs?  We really have
   > more than enough work at our hands for the supported stuff.

I will try to contact Miguel then in order to understand the issue
better and to ask on xemacs beta, then. Maybe someone with a
understanding on the toolbar-x might get interested.

   >> -  if this is not possible because of the lack of developers, then
   >> one could try to get the old latex-toolbar which is around since
   >> 2001 and works only for Xemacs, to work again with the new
   >> auctex version.

   > Feel free to do so, but that certainly is not within the scope of
   > the AUCTeX project.

If it worked and if you obtained the copyright assignment of the
author, would that be a reason to include it?