Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auctex pkg uptodate?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auctex pkg uptodate?
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:06:42 +0200

> Hi Ralf!

>>> Basically, now would be fine with me.  What's currently missing is
>>> someone who is able to build the windows package.  I hope that Ralf
>>> reads this anytime soon.
>>
>> I read it. (c:
>>
>> The nice thing about the Windows package is that you don't need Windows
>> in order to generate it.  You just need a compiled Emacs with the
>> desired version somewhere because we don't ship Windows binaries, just
>> Elisp byte code and documentation besides the sources.
>
> Uh, good to know.  I'll try to do it later.

The command

    make windows-package WEMACSVER=24.3 \
    WEMACS=/usr/bin/emacs TAG=11.88

seems to work also on GNU/Linux!  Thank you so much!

The Windows Emacs binary is downloaded even if $WEMACS is already
there.  Probably I'll add a test to the Makefile before

    test -f $(WBUILDDIR)/emacs-$(WEMACSVER)-bin-i386.zip

to avoid this.