Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:56:21 +0000

   > No comment? :-)

Sorry to arrive late on this discussion. Off-topic question to start
with, where is the «wishlist» you mentioned?

Let me see whether I understand the philosophy.

Usually I run C-c C-c and then I will be prompted for latex (pdflatex,
xelatex whatever). If the viewer has been started it gets updated.

Now the TeX-update function bound to C-c C-u will not prompt you for
latex or the viewer, but if the buffer has been modified it will run the
relevant latex command, if not nothing will happen. Is this correct?

Any other function provided (the region-wise functions apart)?

I first thought this is not very useful, but after playing around for
file, I think now the opposite it is quite handy!! Thanks Mosè!

Uwe