Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 22:48:52 +0200

Hi Arash,

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I'm not sure which name is best, though.  `TeX-command-all' has the nice
>>> property that then all processing commands have the TeX-command prefix.
>>> So maybe `TeX-command-compile-all' would be best compromise
>>> wrt. discoverability, descriptiveness, and mnemonics.
>>
>> I like `TeX-command-compile-all' and above all C-c C-a key binding,
>> it's much easier than C-c C-u on QWERTY-based layouts ;-)
>
> Is `TeX-command-run-all' an option?  Rational: `TeX-command-list' mostly
> uses `run'.  +1 for C-c C-a.

Uhm, good point but I really don't know which option to choose: for me
`TeX-command-compile-all' and `TeX-command-run-all' are equally good.

> While we are at it: `TeX-command-list' has:
>
>     ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help "Create index file")
>     ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t
>      :help "Run xindy to create index file")
>
> Should the first entry be changed to:
>
>     ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t
>      :help "Run makeindex to create index file")

Thanks for that, I'll make this change in my patch to suggest "Index"
when needed.  For the record, this work has been a bit harder than I
initially thought, but I should be able to submit a patch by the end
of the week.  By the way, I've always found the name "Index" for that
command a bit misleading: without looking to the list of commands (ok,
it's available also in toolbar menu "Command"), I think that everyone
would try first to run "makeindex" at C-c C-c prompt.