[AUCTeX-devel] Master file set with "%% Master:" at the beginning of the

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Master file set with "%% Master:" at the beginning of the file
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 00:07:11 +0100

Dear all,

I don't know how many of you knew that in AUCTeX the master file can
be also set with the line

    %% Master: file.tex

at the beginning of the file.  I didn't, for one, until a few minutes
ago.  This feature has been introduced («under protest!») in 1994 and
marked to be phased out later.  I'm writing to you just to let you
know that this feature, deprecated more than 20 years ago, has been
now completely removed.  I hope none of you will miss it.