Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:03:56 +0900

Hi all,

> Oh, after having a second look, I confess I am wrong and
> TeX-remove-style-hook shouldn't be buffer-local.

[...]

> I've committed your patch (except for the FIXME which I guess was more
> of a note to us AUCTeX maintainers).

It seems that newly created LaTeX documents lose appropriate style
information after this commit.

[How to reproduce]
1. Find some nonexistent latex file, e.g. abc.tex, by C-x C-f.
2. C-c C-e document RET
3. article RET RET RET
4. C-c C-e
5. Then, completion candidates are limited to "abstract" only. You
cannot select "enumerate" nor "equation", even "itemize" prompted for
default.

Prior to this commit, addition to TeX-remove-style-hook was done on its
local value, so the value was erased by major mode function. Thus
the role of TeX-remove-style was relatively small. However, now
TeX-remove-style-hook has handful of functions acting in their designed
way, so TeX-remove-style called in TeX-arg-document introduces
incompatibility.

Fortunately, C-c C-n (or C-x C-v after saving the file) seems to recover
ordinary behavior.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita