auctex

Re: Endnotes do not refresh

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Endnotes do not refresh
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 09:24:30 +0200

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> writes:

> Interesting, yes I can run `\setenotez' to do some customization.

Thanks, so the style seems to work.  I've installed the style, it will
be available with the next release.

> I compared with and without `enotez.el', and visually I don’t see a
> difference.

You should see a difference if you have activated the fontification
support provided by AUCTeX.  This is what I see with "emacs -Q":

PNG image

> What would be nice is if I could somehow hide the notes in the text.
> I faintly remember that something like this is possible, at least for
> footnotes.

You want to activate folding for the macros?[1]  Then you want to tweak
the `TeX-fold-macro-spec-list', I think.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/doc/auctex.html#Folding