[avrdude-dev] winxp lpt device autodetect

From: Rune Christensen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] winxp lpt device autodetect
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 01:32:43 +0200

Hello

I have also had some problems with the parallel port and WinXP.

The problem showed up when I used the parallel port monitor from
geekhideout.com
I have a picoweb with a programming cable that have a loopback wire from
pp_pin 14 to pp_pin 12.
When I change the state of the output pin there are several output bits that
changed state.
I searched at Google and found a small file that disabled the autodetect
function.

http://www.elnec.com/appnotes/winxp1uk.php

filename:
winxp1.reg

content:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Parport\Parameters]
"DisableWarmPoll"=dword:00000001

After I ran the file only pin 12 change state when I change state at pin 14.

Best regards
Rune Christensen