Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Bob Paddock wrote:

> > Does it work without my patch? I tried not to change the logic in
> > ppiwin.c with the patch.
>
> I think the issue is that it is on the edge of the timing margin.
> I've updated cygwin and mingw so that change might have pushed it
> over the edge as well.
>
> > Which version of avrdude did you have working? If you had it working
> > with a CVS version, we need to figure out which commit broke it for you.
>
> CVS checkout on Jun/28/2004 worked.  See this thread:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2004-06/msg00052.html
> For starters how do I get ppiwin.c-Jun/28 from CVS?

>From 'cvs log ppiwin.c':

revision 1.9
date: 2004/07/15 17:29:35;  author: troth;  state: Exp;  lines: +27 -15
* main.c (main): Don't indent CPP directives.
When showing update progress in a no tty situation, use unbuffered IO
for all systems, not just win32 native.
Update copyright year when printing version.
Remove warning about native win32 being experimental.
Split a line string.
* ppiwin.c: Update copyright year.
Add cvs Id keyword.
(usleep): Cleanup debug CPP directives to improve readability.
* ser_win32.c: Include <stdio.h> to fix failing build.
----------------------------
revision 1.8
date: 2004/06/24 11:05:07;  author: kiwi64ajs;  state: Exp;  lines: +51 -71
merged in changes to allow native Win32 build with no cygwin DLL
dependancy

So the last change before mine was on June 24th by Alex. I'd say try
reverting my patch ('patch -p0 -r < foo.diff') and see it the problem
goes away. If it does, I need to see how I broke it, otherwise, it may
be as you suggest that you cygwin/mingw update pushed it over the edge.

Although, looking over my change diffs just now, I don't see how I could
have broken it since I only changed debugging code that was #if'd out.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden