Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude release?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:06:27 -0400

That doesn't make any sense to me. Why would slowing down the SPI clock
make it fail more reliably?

I have no idea.  Reliably wrong is better than randomly right. :-)

Is there any way to can try using an external clock instead of the
internal one and see if that makes a difference? Kind of a "chicken and
egg" problem though if you have to use the dongle to change the fuses.
:-(

Chip works fine with AVRStudio and AVRISP.  Does not work on STK500, but
I think that is because of something being zapped on the STK500 rather than
this problem.  I need to get a new one.

The chip is actually in the STK500 and I've been moving the programming end
of the connector around to the various programmers.

I just tried to a bunch of SigReads with AVRStudio/STK500 and it does return
the read wrong signature once in a while, like one out of ten.

I assume you haven't had a chance to try programming it with a
jtagice-mkII and AvrStudio?

Don't have mkII.