[avrdude-dev] Re: Good news: STK500v2 and JTAG ICE mkII code committed t

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: Good news: STK500v2 and JTAG ICE mkII code committed to CVS
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:09:03 +0200

More cleanups done.  I think the JTAG ICE mkII stuff is now ready for
prime-time.  Perhaps we should issue a beta-test release, and publish
that on avrfreaks.net?  Would someone be willing to provide a Win32
binary + config file template?

Latest CVS log message below:

Quite some cleanup of the JTAG ICE mkII stuff.

. Implement the new EECRAddress field in the device descriptor that is
  required by the 4.x firmware; make an uneducated guess about what
  firmware requires what length of device descriptor -- perhaps Atmel
  can be convinced to publish an official matrix for that.

. Specify EECR in the config file where required.  Obviously, only
  locations that differ from the 0x3c default are mentioned in the
  XML files, so by now, this only affects the AT90CAN128 for us.

. After clarification with Atmel, EnablePageProgramming should really
  default to 1, and only cleared if specified by an XML parameter.  So
  far, only the XML files for the ATmega256x and ATmega406 do specify
  it at all, and they specify a 1, too.

. Drop the entire OCDEN fuse heuristic.  If OCDEN is unprogrammed at
  startup, issue a warning that single-byte EEPROM updates won't be
  possible.  Leave it to the user to program the fuse if desired.
  That way, we won't run into any issue of prematurely wearing out the
  hfuse EEPROM cell.  Interestingly enough, this also solved the
  problem of the target not restarting from scratch upon sign-off.