Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29743] Can program xmega128a1 using with progra

From: Doug Brown
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29743] Can program xmega128a1 using with programmer avrisp2 via pdi
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:04:03 +1000

Please excuse my ignorance; hopefully this is [remotely] related to your
problem: I did find that I can't use libusb to change configurations (nor
select an interface) without running as root. There is a way to set
permissions for the usb ports; quite a few explanations are available on the
web.

so try 'su' before running avrdude... if it works then try setting up the
port perms.

Hope this is related & of some help.
Regs.