Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Avrdude GUI and Avr Studio Plugin

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: Avrdude GUI and Avr Studio Plugin
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:51:37 +0200

> >> If so, please don't start yet another AVRDUDE command-line wrapper.
> Obviously that's the easiest way to go. It would be nice to reuse the some
> of the file parsers included in avrdude anyway.

Once upon a time, I started with python bindings for avrdude, it is away
from beeing complete, dumping memory etc did work quite well. (I used swig
as wrapper)
see http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/uracoli-appnotes/pydude/?root=uracoli

It would be nice, if a libavrdude.a or libavrdude.so/dll could be created in
the build process ... and avrdude-main.c uses this lib by itself.

Also the install path to the config file should be available as a string
in the library.

> >> I'm aware there are too many potential calls to exit() in the library
> Additionally, all status messages are through fprintf(stderr,...), which I
> assume should be changed.

Yes, this I saw too. Here I could imagine a callback function for error
handling,
that can be overwritten with weak linking.

/Axel