Re: [avrdude-dev] How to set usb port as default?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How to set usb port as default?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:02:04 +0100

As László Monda wrote:

> Instead of supplying "-P usb" in the command line every time I'd like
> to set it as a default.  The following directives in the configuration
> file didn't do the trick:

Vor which programmer type?

The default connection type is part of the programmer definition in
avrdude.conf.  Depending on that, the following switch statement then
decides about the portname to use in absence of a -P option:

  if (port == NULL) {
    switch (pgm->conntype)
    {
      case CONNTYPE_PARALLEL:
        port = default_parallel;
        break;

      case CONNTYPE_SERIAL:
        port = default_serial;
        break;

      case CONNTYPE_USB:
        port = DEFAULT_USB;
        break;
    }
  }

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/