Re: [avrdude-dev] How to set usb port as default?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How to set usb port as default?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 14:04:40 +0100

As László Monda wrote:

> I can see the following relevant programmer definitions for avrisp2 in
> avrdude.conf:
>
> programmer
>   id    = "avrisp2";
>   desc  = "Atmel AVR ISP mkII";
>   type  =  stk500v2;
> ;

That probably lacks a

    connection_type = usb;

statement.  (The AVRISPmkII is USB-only.)

> Also, default_usb = "usb"; seems to produce the
> error at /etc/avrdude.conf:19 unrecognized character: "d"
> error message

Yes, there's a default_serial and default_parallel, but no
default_usb.  Wouldn't make much sense anyway, since the only valid
argument to it were "usb" (except of the ability to specify a serial
number).
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/