Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega2560 and stk500

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega2560 and stk500
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:38:47 +0100

As Alan Horstmann wrote:

> I think that is the first patch I posted - 'stk500-256K-fix1.patch'
> that has 6 hunks - and is really just a hack to understand the
> problem.  Try -fix2.patch.

Ah, sorry, I missed that.

> I was using v5.11.1 since 6.0.1 doesn't build due to an extra
> library requirement.

Curious: what extra library requirement?

libelf is not required albeit recommended so one could flash directly
from the ELF files.

> But the second patch 'stk500-256K-fix2.patch' in the second
> post does apply to 6.0.1 for me - or are there more recent changes?:

No, it applies fine.  It's just I missed it.

Also, it works now.

I have done one change: static per-programmer data are discouraged.
The idea behind is that the core of avrdude is built as a library, so
other front-ends (namely, a GUI frontend) could eventually use them.
As such, static data should rather be per-instance data for each
programmer instance.  The "setup" and "teardown" methods are there to
construct and destroy these per-instance data.  I have changed your
implementation that way.

Thank you very much for your contribution, Alan!  I'll commit the
changes shortly.

Next time, it's better to put all that into a patch tracker (once you
are fine with it).  That way, it will ensure your contribution won't
be forgotten.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/