Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega2560 and stk500

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATMega2560 and stk500
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:48:38 +0100

As Alan Horstmann wrote:

> but linking fails:
> gcc -Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -g -O2   -o avrdude avrdude-main.o
> avrdude-term.o ./libavrdude.a  -lusb    -lelf -lpthread -lm -lreadline
> -lncurses
> ./libavrdude.a(libavrdude_a-fileio.o): In function `elf2b':
> /home/alan/Programming/Arduino/Toolchain/CLI-build-tools/avr-dude/avrdude-6.0.1/fileio.c:957:
>
> undefined reference to `elf_getshdrstrndx'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I just changed the check in configure.ac from elf_begin() to
elf_getshdrstrndx().  Please give the SVN version a try.  If there's a
too old version of libelf only present, it should now correctly omit
it from the build.

> There didn't seem to be a way of disabling the use of libelf via
> configure option?

Each extra switch is extra work, requires testing etc.  As most people
want all of the features they could possibly get, I rather tend to
auto-detect everything that is around.

You could always tweak ac_cfg.h after configure ran, if you really
want to disable a feature that has been positively probed by
configure.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/