[avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first byte

From: Randy Perkins
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first bytes of flash page
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 02:23:23 +0000

Follow-up Comment #25, bug #41561 (project avrdude):

Wanted to confirm that r1343 resolved this issue.  thanks so much.

Tested on 64bit linux.  verified 4 different usbasp firmwares.  verified flash
and eeprom writes.  Hardware used was a M64 in a Turnigy 9x RC transmitter.

Now how do I go about getting linux distros to pull the updated code.  I'm
thinking of opening a bug report on Debian/ubuntu Redhat/fedora pointing to a
fixed release.  Do you plan on releasing a .point release for this or should I
just point them to r1343 as the fix ??  Any advise along this line is
appreciated.

Regarding the firmware change I tacked onto this issue:  Thomas Fischl has
contacted me and I'll be following up with him.  I would like to say that with
avrdude r1343 the stock 2011 usbasp firmware seems to work better at higher
speeds (>375khz) better than any of the other firmwares.  Sometimes, at the
higher speeds, the other firmwares would report the wrong device Id when
running multiple avrdude commands sequentially.  Part of this problem could be
the hardware I am using, specifically the size of the capacitor on the reset
line.

thanks again for resolving my problem

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41561>

  Message sent via/by Savannah