[avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first byte

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first bytes of flash page
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:25:28 +0000

Update of bug #41561 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                    None => fischl

Follow-up Comment #20:

The issue must have been in the firmware all the time.  I
cannot really follow the logic there immediately.

The difference to before r1007 is that AVRDUDE now works on
a per-page basis throughout all programmers, rather than
on the entire device memory.

If I remove the USBASP_BLOCKFLAG_LAST (line 1330, function
usbasp_spi_paged_write()), it seems to work as intended, but
I don't know whether this might cause other odd side effects.

I'm handing this over to Thomas Fischl as he seems to be the
most knowledgable person to really fix it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41561>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/