Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:55:31 +0000

Clearly, these should be splited, and the first part at least should be
translated to Farsi. As you mentioned I also don't see the need to
translate the second part as possible translators should know English !

I agree! We don't have to move or change existing the guide but to put an
additional "howto write Farsi in KDE" guide in Farsi on the site.

I am almost done writing this howto. I have put some snapshots and have to wait
until I zip the finished file to see how large it will become.

One other issue, I personaly hate Arial Unicode M$ and find it very ugly.
I am back using Mandrake 9.1 after I tried Gentoo for sometime. due to my
low speed connection and Gentoo's need of constantly be connected, I am back
to my "Linux for dummys" Mandrake. Anyway, there is a very good feature in Mandrake that alow you to import and convert your Windowz fonts if you dual boot your box with Windowz. I have not determind how these fonts, like sans, courier, arial, etc, works when you move your files to other systems. Anybody knows anything about this? Does the other system have to do this importing/converting as well to be able to show that file's contents?

/Abbas

Matrix have you

Cheers
--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.