Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:17:18 +0300

On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:57, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 13:25, Abbas Izad wrote:
> > >Clearly, these should be splited, and the first part at least
> > > should be translated to Farsi. As you mentioned I also don't see
> > > the need to translate the second part as possible translators
> > > should know English !
> >
> > I agree! We don't have to move or change existing the guide but to
> > put an additional "howto write Farsi in KDE" guide in Farsi on the
> > site.
> >
> > I am almost done writing this howto. I have put some snapshots and
> > have to wait
> > until I zip the finished file to see how large it will become.
> >
> > One other issue, I personaly hate Arial Unicode M$ and find it very
> > ugly. I am back using Mandrake 9.1 after I tried Gentoo for
> > sometime. due to my low speed connection and Gentoo's need of
> > constantly be connected, I am back to my "Linux for dummys"
> > Mandrake. Anyway, there is a very good feature in Mandrake
> > that alow you to import and convert your Windowz fonts if you dual
> > boot your box with Windowz.
> > I have not determind how these fonts, like sans, courier, arial,
> > etc, works when you move
> > your files to other systems. Anybody knows anything about this?
> > Does the other system
> > have to do this importing/converting as well to be able to show
> > that file's contents?
> >
> > /Abbas
>
> I do not understand what the special feature of this should be? You
> can install any True Type font on any GNU/Linux anyhow.
>
> Just take them and install the via the font installer of KDE. They
> will all be avialble to your system and you can use them for
> rendering web sites as well as data entry.

The problem is Arash, that Mandrake has removed KDE font installer, and
instead has added a font installer to their own Control Panel.

I am talking about 9.0, but I strongly think that the same applies to
9.1

I myself, and thinking about switching from Debian to Libranet 2.8

Cheers
--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.