bontz-team

[Bontz-team] splash, animation files

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] splash, animation files
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've added a nice little 16-frame sploosh to the bontz
repository, it's in with the sprites.  Your numbering
for how long to show a given frame is still a mystery
to me, so I haven't made an info file or anything.
...What do the numbers for each frame mean in the info
files, anyway?  Like the water loop, is that "70"/1000
of a second?  If it is, then I guess it's no longer a
mystery  :^)

As for actually making the splash happen, when the
sprite reaches what it figures is the water (I haven't
thought about that part yet) align the sprite's
"origin", the middle of its feet or whatever (x=64,
y=96 for all the flopping fish, and reasonably close
to that for all 128x128 characters) with x=64, y=64 of
the splash itself.  I'd keep the sprite moving along
its current (mostly downward, probably?) trajectory
for a few frames, keeping the splash stationary and
layered over the character that's taking the plunge.
Then after 3 or 4 frames of the splash quit drawing
the character altogether.  I've yet to actually see
this work, but I'm guessing it would look decent.

Speaking of animation, peek at the new
character-animation.txt or whatever i called it, in
media/work and add anything you see fit.