brave-gnu-world

Re: The Brave GNU World needs your help

From: Patrick Ohnewein
Subject: Re: The Brave GNU World needs your help
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:28:33 +0200

Hi Georg!

Georg C. F. Greve schrieb:
>  hgf> Unfortunately, English is necessary for the translation
>  hgf> chain. So, before even considering to call other translators, it
>  hgf> is necessary to find one from German to English.
>
> Yes, that is exactly where things broke.

Sandy Kirchlechner would be interested to help.

She studied languages at the University of Verona, Italy. Her mother
language is Italian, second language German and she knows English and
Spanish very well.

She would be willing to contribute with translations from German to
English. Even if her preferred translation target language is Italian.

She would like to get some informations about the time line and the work
flow.

When will the German original versions be provided to her and what's the
time frame for translating them into English?

She also would like to know, if there will be some sort of revision of
her texts. She works at the Competence Center Open Source (CoCOS) and
has therefore some knowledge about Free Software, but she is learning
and isn't an expert yet.

Being she not an English native speaker, she would also like to make a
test translation of a BGW number to check with you if the level of her
translations is good enough.

She has no savannah account yet and before creating her account and
starting to spend time on translations, she would like to check, if her
contribution is needed.

Please let us know, how we could proceed on this.

Happy hacking!
Patrick