[certi-dev] Time advancement

From: Michael Raab
Subject: [certi-dev] Time advancement
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:33:37 +0100

Hi Eric,

I have a question regarding time advancement.
At the moment I have the following scenario. I have 3 federates whereas one of them is a passive observer and the remaining two are active models.
Both active models are regulating and constrained and have a lookahead of 60. The start up is the following:

Observer -> create federation
Observer -> join federation
Observer -> do object class subscriptions

Observer -> do interaction class subscriptions
Observer -> enable time regulation (0.0, 0.0)

Observer -> start model 1
Model 1 -> join federation
Model 1 -> enable time regulation (0.0, 60.0)
Model 1 -> enable time constrained
Model 1 -> enable async delivery
Model 1 -> publish and subscribe some object classes
Model 1 -> publish and subscribe some interaction classes
Model 1-> MainLoop
{
        NextEventRequest( newLocalTime );
        tick until time advance grant;
}

Observer -> start model 2
Model 2 -> join federation
Model 2 -> enable time regulation (0.0, 60.0)
Model 2 -> enable time constrained
Model 2 -> enable async delivery
Model 2 -> publish and subscribe some object classes
Model 2 -> publish and subscribe some interaction classes
Model 2-> MainLoop
{
        NextEventRequest( newLocalTime );
        tick until time advance grant;
}

Observer -> disable time regulation
Observer -> enable async delivery
Observer -> main loop
{
        tick (0.1f, 0.5f);
        queryMinNextEventTime();
        update user interface;
}

This kind of syncronization worked with DMSO. Using CERTI a blocking situation occurs after some time advancement. That may related to the observer federate as if I tried run both models without observer the simulation executes well.
Do you see something unusual?

Best regards,
Michael

Dipl.-Inf. Michael Raab

Fraunhofer-Institut für Fabrikbetrieb und -automatisierung IFF
Virtuell Interaktives Training
Sandtorstr. 22, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Telefon +49 (0) 391/ 40 90 122
Telefax +49 (0) 391/ 40 90 115
address@hidden
http://www.iff.fraunhofer.de oder http://www.vdtc.de