Re: [certi-dev] Time advancement

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Time advancement
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:32:54 +0100

2010/11/17 Michael Raab <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> as far as I can see from the log there is no libRTI call during a callback,
> moreover the problem looks probably like a bug in tick handling.
>
> In RTIA of the observer federate the following things happen.
>
> - tick_request is handled (min =0.1 max=0.5)
> - tick_state becomes TICK_BLOCKING
> - processOngoingTick() is called
> - RAV is executed
> - tick_state becomes TICK_NEXT
> - tick_state becomes TICK_RETURN
> - processOngoingTick() is left
> - a new tick_request gets handled(min =0.1 max=0.5)
> - but tick_state is already TICK_RETURN, not NO_TICK as expected

We will have to seek why _tick_state is not reset to NO_TICK in this case,
there should be something implicitly broken here.

I'll try to follow that path myself, but as usual with time management
and tick-ish things
this may not be easy...

> Hope someone has an idea what may cause this.

As far as I remember your description the Observer is
       regulator
BUT not constrained

Would you be able (for the sake of the inquiry)
to try to make it constrained to?
or not regulator ?
or not contrained AND not regulator ?

http://www.april.org