Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: separate build directory support for Chicken

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: separate build directory support for Chicken
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:04:26 +0100

On Jan 13, 2008 11:59 AM, Elf <address@hidden> wrote:

> we could just dispense with make altogether and set the ordering manually...
> it shouldnt need to change all that frequently.

Actually, we should have a tiny bootstrapping shell-script (and cmd batch file)
and do the rest in Scheme, from a manually compiled together mini-csi. This is
actually pretty easy and I've implemented it twice.

But I'm not suggesting this. GNU make is mainstream enough and not as
scary as a self-hosted Scheme based build system. I also don't want to
make any disruptive changes anymore. We need stability now, and no
infrastructure replacement.