[Chicken-hackers] R6RS

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] R6RS
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:31:25 -0700

So the extraordinary compiler Stalin is sliding into obscurity, because
it remains stuck at r4rs, with nobody having done anything to bring it
up-to-date.

Chicken Scheme can be talked into being r5rs, which is great, though
it's not obvious sometimes what needs to be done.

But r6rs has been out a while.  I think we should create a "punchlist"
of to-do items, with the goal being to get r6rs compliance in the
not-too-distant future.  With the version 4 macro system in place, this
shouldn't be too far off.

And yet, we have a quote from Felix Winkelmann from a couple years ago
saying it will never happen, and "R6RS must die".

Is this still the rule?