Re: [Chicken-hackers] R6RS

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] R6RS
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:30:44 -0700

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 17:08 -0500, Peter Danenberg wrote:
> > I think we should create a "punchlist" of to-do items, with the goal
> > being to get r6rs compliance in the not-too-distant future.
>
> Just curious: is your interest in r6rs motivated by a fetish for
> novelty or more substantial reasons?

There are many reasons, but I did in fact cite one.  Did you not notice
it in your cut-and-paste?

We might say, is your lack of interest in r6rs motivated by mindless
conservatism or more substantial reasons?

While r6rs certainly has its problems, there are a million eggs in
Chicken which have far more severe problems.  We obviously do not have
the rule that chicken eggs should never have problems.

Thomas