Re: [Chicken-hackers] noreturn & clang

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] noreturn & clang
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 11:05:01 +0100

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 11:01:50AM +0100, "Jörg F. Wittenberger" wrote:
> Am 06.11.2013 10:48, schrieb Peter Bex:
> >A fix for this went in 2 weeks ago, as commit
> >dc071fbae201f2b8db5539fd016c0d51be0bbe15.  This ought to be available
> >on master.  AFAIK this hasn't hit the stability branch (yet).
>
> Hm, according to git I'm sitting on master.
> Also this commit is obviously applied and the code is in chicken.h

What version of clang are you using?  Originally, this noreturn
attribute was probably only used in GCC because clang didn't have
support for it.  I guess the newer version grew support and the
feature test we're now using should only trigger for versions which
support it at all.

> >Of course, if these warnings are shown by GCC it might be better to
> >investigate why, and attempt to actually fix them instead of working
> >around it by using another compiler!
>
> Sure.  Just a matter of priorities.  I'm unpaid. :-/
>
> I'm sad to admit: the other day I created a fresh file, which for a
> while did not exhibit the problem.  After a while I did, so I was able
> to figure out which kind of Scheme code would result in such C code. But
> I forgot what it was.  Sorry.  Will have to redo that.

That's always useful.  Perhaps it had to do with a recompiled CHICKEN
which had different compiler flags?

http://www.more-magic.net