Re: [Chicken-hackers] [PATH] fix for srfi-13 string-trim-right start par

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [PATH] fix for srfi-13 string-trim-right start parameter
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 13:28:12 -0500

.alyn.post. scripsit:

> Did you review the, uh "rest" of sfri-13 to see if this pattern is
> repeated elsewhere?  I'd suspect the implementor, making this
> mistake, would make it in multiple places.

It's definitely not a problem in string-trim or string-trim-both:

#;2> (string-trim "x    abc" char-whitespace? 1)
"abc"
#;3> (string-trim-both "x   abc   " char-whitespace? 1)
"abc"

The bug fix given in
<http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-13/post-mail-archive/msg00007.html>
should also be applied, as it is still present in the Chicken version.

Someone should also verify that Chicken's definition
of `let-optionals*` is the correct one for SRFI 13; see
<http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-13/post-mail-archive/msg00008.html>,
<http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-13/post-mail-archive/msg00009.html>,
and <http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-13/post-mail-archive/msg00010.html>
for discussion.

--
Unless it was by accident that I had            John Cowan
offended someone, I never apologized.           address@hidden