demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Web Client Interface [status]

From: Lyu Abe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Web Client Interface [status]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:34:29 +0900

David,

Of course, table should be used to present data available in tabular
form. So, regarding the listing of questions, presenting them in a
table might be natural.

What I wanted to say is that you should not use a table to position
elements on the page, e.g. make a two column presentation. <DIV> and
CSS should be used for that.

Okay, no problem on that point. I agree that using DIVs for the general page layout is for sure the best solution.

Of course, I'm not authoritative at all on all that web stuff. If
others have better recommendations, please stand up.

That's fine. I mean, I'm not a professionnal web programmer, so as you said, if others have solutions (that work), then better use them.

By the way, now I can display question tags correctly on the top line of each question.

My concern now is how to manage the link to a question: when the user selects a question (whatever method is used) to consult the questions for example, it should link to a new page to display all the informations for the selected questions. Then, should I write a separate Python code? (then how to proceed to pass arguments like qu. numberm etc?)... or should I use functions and keep everything in a single code?... or something else?

What are your suggestions?

        Lyu.