denemo-devel

Re: Horrible BUG fixed (was Re: Windows Denemo Shutdown: SantaLuciaWoelk

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Horrible BUG fixed (was Re: Windows Denemo Shutdown: SantaLuciaWoelkiDec13.zip)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:08:54 +0000

On Tue, 2019-12-17 at 08:04 -0500, Peter French wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> You seem to know a lot about this Denemo software.
>
> For reference I am using GNU Denemo 2.2.0 on Windows 7 pro.
>
> Can you please tell me where to find an glissando setting. ( I know
> this
> as a squigilly line to the left of the chord)

Using View->Command Center and entering Glissando I find this command:

Command: Glissando
Inserts a glissando (portamento, slide), a line joining the notehead of
this and the next note. You may need to displace the following note
horizontally to make the gliss marking visible enough.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
Internal Name: Glissando

however from your description I think you mean an Arpeggio
again, typing that in I get:

Command: Arpeggio (Off/On)
Mark/Unmark the selected notes arpeggio
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Markings ▶ Articulations
Internal Name: ArpeggioSelectionSwitcher

that makes a squiggly line to the left of the chord.

> I am writing music for piano and need this but cannot find it.
>
> I am also interested to know how to correctly write piano scores
> when
> there are different finger timings on the same hand.
>
> i.e. a full semi-breve octave is played at the start of the bar but
> then
> other notes are played while this is held.

This is polyphony - look at File->Open->Open Example and choose the
"Keyboard Polyphony" score.

> I have tried using a separate staff for the different bars but had
> problems with this.

You use Staffs/Voices->Voices->Add Voice which Denemo displays by
default as a separate staff but will be typeset with the primary staff
(this makes it easier to see and edit your music than when they are
superimposed). You can use empty bars in a voice where there is no
polyphony and blank non-printing rests where part of a bar in a voice
should be tacit.

> Thanks for any assistance that you can give.

Please ask if you have any problems - keyboard polyphony is not trivial
stuff - there's lots of ins and outs - joined noteheads, notes at an
interval of a second (requiring the notehead to be positioned on the
opposite side of the stem) etc - most taken care of by LilyPond without
any intervention but some requiring you to say what you want...

and *please* keep communication on the mailing list - others "listen
in" and want to know the answers to the same questions as you have!

Richard