denemo-devel

Re: Windows Denemo Shutdown: SantaLuciaWoelkiDec13.zip

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Windows Denemo Shutdown: SantaLuciaWoelkiDec13.zip
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:32:13 +0000

On Fri, 2019-12-13 at 05:31 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> This zip file is an improvement (Voices, appasSionato) and I thought
> I'd
> create a Template from it using New from Current.
>
> Denemo (December 5) made a quick exit.
>
> I tried restarting and responded yes to the open autosaved file, and
> then yes to compare with previously saved file, and it exited again.
>
> I tried again and it reopened the file without asking. The file
> typeset.
> So I tried New from Current and this time it created one which I
> then
> saved as a temp file and then as a Custom Template.
>
> Then I reopened this file again, and checked that it Typeset. After
> which New from Current caused Denemo to exit again.

I tried without success to get this to happen under Unix, so I
downloaded the overnight windows build and ran it under wine, whereon I
got it sporadically happening - always in my tests after running New
from Current. I could see that it was collecting Undo information,
which, since the score has to be saved before you can run the script,
is not needed - it may be that dropping this will fix the crash(*).
So I've put a change in to stop it collecting Undo information on that
command - it'll be built overnight as usual.

Richard
(*) of course, it shouldn't crash because of collecting Undo
information, but it could run out of memory....