Re: How to convert complex float file to complex int 16 in Gnuradio For

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: How to convert complex float file to complex int 16 in Gnuradio For USRP input...
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 13:26:21 +0200

again, if your conversion yields all-zero values, you're not scaling appropriately.

Best regards,
Marcus

On 05/07/2022 12.24, sp wrote:
Thanks, This means when I send a complex signal I see it on spectrum, I too send a converted signal and I see a converted signal on the spectrum. Signals are not the same... I expect that signals in two formats (format int16 or float 32 ) be the same on a spectrum.
I only have a signal in two formats...

    The fact that your signal is all zeros seems to be a problem with
    your signal; have you maybe scaled it incorrectly, so that it
    (correctly) gets rounded to all 0?

Can you explain how should I scale a float signal according to a block in Gnuradio?

        I don't know what "don't acceptable" would mean in this context. The
USRP
        accepts any int16.